The Fistula Group program has built, over time and through surgical sessions, a team of obstetric fistula professionals. The latter is mobilized several times a year to treat complex cases of but also and above all, to transmit its know-how: to train surgeons but also surgeons' trainers.
In addition, it develops teaching materials, new operating methods adapted to the bush hospital and to the African context and disseminates the fruit of its research (theses, articles in specialized journals or general public, congresses, courses, conferences, workshops, online content).
Since the start of the program, work with local NGOs, like ESSOR in Benin, has guaranteed follow-up and social reintegration, according to the “Tanguiéta model”.
The team consists of:
- Dr Charles-Henry Rochat, Specialist in Operative Urology (Switzerland)
- Dr Giambattista Priuli, dit Frère Florent, Director of Saint Jean de Dieu hospital in Tanguieta (Benin)
- Dr Pierre Marie Tebeu, obstetrician gynecologist, Director of the Inter-State Center for Higher Education in Public Health in Central Africa (CIESPAC) and head of obstetrics gynecology service at the University Hospital Center (CHU) of Yaoundé (Cameroon)
- Dr Moussa Guiro, Surgeon (Burkina Faso)
- Dr Jean de Dieu Yunga Foma, gynecologist, (Bénin)
- Dr Emmanuelson Randrianaina, Director and chief physician of the Lutheran Hospital of Manambaro (Madagascar)
- Dr James Peabody, Urologist, Medical Director, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, (USA)
- Dr Anne-Caroline Benski, gynecologist and obstetrician (Geneva)
- Dr Renaud Aholou, gynecologist (Benin)
- Nadine Piatowski, nurse instrumentalist, (France)
- Rafiatou B.S. Bassongui Imorou, Director of the NGO ESSOR (Benin)